There’s has always a certain uncertainty with what Asian Dishes I can try to make at home for dinner without scaring Pat away. So far from experience, true blue Asian is a no-no but Asian inspired or western Asian dishes are fair game. It’s like a science experiment every time I try a recipe where I won’t know the result till
my test rat pat provides some feedback. That’s the thing about a bi-racial relationship, loads of trial and error.
There’s a site called DamnDelicious where her webpage mainly focuses on quick easy meals where you can put it together on weekdays, typically in half hour. It is so awesome when you run out of ideas of what to cook and this one is no exception. Especially with the current economy and rising food prices, this is relatively cheap to put together.
This dish calls for what you usually already have in your pantry and frankly speaking, there’s no need for protein cause it’s that good and easy. You can use whatever greens you have in your fridge too. Better than any take out and a bonus if you are a garlic lover.
Try it and I am pretty sure it will get introduce into your meal rotation immediately!
Asian Garlic Noodles
Yield: 3 generous servings
Prep time: 15 mins
Cooktime: 15 mins
- 10 oz spaghetti noodles
- 12 oz medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 oz cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 package of snap peas ( approx 3 oz)
- 2 tablespoon of fresh parsley or cliantro, chopped
- Sauce, divided
- 1/4 cup soy sauce or 1/3 cup if you’re using reduced sodium
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek (ground chili paste; the bottle can be found usually with siracha)
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced (or more to your liking)
- Combine sauce ingredients into a measuring cup for easy mixing and pouring. Stir well to ensure sugar is dissolved.
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook spaghetti noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet, add shrimp and 2 tablespoon of sauce. Cook till shrimp is just pink. Set aside.
- Add vegetables into the skillet and stir fry till vegetables are tender.
- Stir in spaghetti,shrimp and sauce. Stir for a minute or 2 till well combined
- Serve immediately, garnish with parsley if desired.
Recipe inspired by DamnDelicious