Do you face the same problems I do? You have a main, typically a protein like ribs or salmon or roast chicken and you scratch your head what to do for sides. You can’t pair a salad with things like ribs. Imagine getting your fingers all sauced up from digging into the ribs and having to pick up a fork to stab into the salad. NO! that defeats the purpose of getting messy.
Typically, I usually olive oil , salt + pepper my veg or potatoes to roast. Same goes for my sweet potatoes to peppers to pretty much everything and it can get quite boring. This is perfect as the herbs are not that strong and the bonus will be the bite of roasted garlic that comes once a while. The next time, I am just going to town on the garlic!
Garlic Parmesan Roasted Potatoes
Yield: 2-3 portions
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook time : 30 mins
- 1.5 pounds baby/nugget potatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley leaves
- Crank oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- In a small bowl, combine garlic, thyme, oregano, basil and cheese along with some salt and pepper. set side.
- In a large bowl, toss potatoes with olive oil. then followed by the cheese seasoning. Use your hands and toss so the potatoes are evenly coated.
- Dump and spread the potatoes onto the baking tray so that its in a single layer,skin side down.
- Bake for 30 mins or until its soft when pierced with a fork.
- Remove from oven and toss with butter. Add more salt and pepper if required.
- Garnish with parsley and serve!
Recipe from DamnDelicious